Saturday, February 14, 2015

The Living Water Rises

I don't know why I thought I had time to muse on Easter today, but I did anyway, and this came to me.

8 9 8 9
Behold! Ye crackling, arid lands,
And all your people, gravely thirsting;
Now rushes o'er your dying sands
The Living Water’s torrent bursting!

The Christ, the babe of meager means,
The wandering healer, teacher, brother,
The broken body, crucified,
Has triumphed as has never other;

8 8 D
For he has risen; death defied,
In spite of nails, and lance, and blood
And water flow’d from piercèd side,
This dying stream turned living flood?

Hear now, O people! Raise your eyes!
Let not another precious tear
drop vainly on the parchèd soil;
For now our thirst, our grief, our fear

7 7 D
Washes away! The Living
Water, a spring e’er flowing,
Welling within, e'er giving
Life to all souls bestowing!

Allelu, Alleluia
sing to the Living Water
Rising! Sing Alleluia,


Allelu, Alleluia!

1 comment: